At RDB Design, we understand just how much of a financial burden attending college and graduate school can be. Unfortunately, this burden is all too often placed on the student and his or her family.
We strongly believe that no student should be forced into debt in order to afford a top-notch education. Consequently, to help defray the rising costs of higher education, we are offering a $1,000 merit-based scholarship to a current college or graduate school student exemplifying leadership in his/her community.
The scholarship will be awarded to the winner of our annual essay contest. All eligible students, regardless of major, are encouraged to apply. See below for our eligibility requirements and additional details.
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in a college, university, or graduate school during the 2018-2019 academic year
- Must be in good academic standing with his/her current educational institution
- Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must have permission from his/her parent or legal guardian if under 18
- Must apply for the scholarship via email and provide all of the following: 1) full name, 2) address, 3) name of academic institution attending, 4) PDF copy of applicant’s unofficial transcript, and 5) PDF copy of applicant’s essay
All applicants must submit a 1,500-word essay responding to the following prompt:
The Annual Student of Promise Scholarship is reserved for a student who has demonstrated promise in all aspects of his/her life.
Some of these areas include his/her: A) success in the classroom, B) involvement in extra-curricular activities, and C) role in the community at large.
Based on this, please describe in detail why you deserve this scholarship and how you’ve helped improve your community thus far.
How Do I Apply?
All eligible students must apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Scholarship Application” along with your first and last name in the subject line of your email and attach all supporting documents therein.